Dofollow backlinks are hyperlinks that pass link juice (or SEO value) from one website to another. When a user clicks on this backlink, they are taken to the linked website. Dofollow backlinks are considered to be a valuable asset for SEO (search engine optimization) because they can help improve a website’s ranking in search engine results pages (SERPs).
How Dofollow Backlinks Work?
When a search engine spider crawls a website, it follows all of the links on the page. If a link is dofollow, the search engine will pass link juice from the source website to the destination website. This link juice can help improve the destination website’s ranking in SERPs for the keywords that are included in the link text.
How to Get Dofollow Backlinks
There are a number of ways to get dofollow backlinks. Some of the most common methods include:
- Guest blogging: Guest blogging is a great way to get high-quality dofollow backlinks. When you guest blog, you write an article for another website and include a backlink to your own website in the author bio.
- Social media: Social media platforms like Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn can be great sources of dofollow backlinks. When you share your content on social media, be sure to include links back to your website.
- Forums and directories: Forums and directories are another great way to get these backlinks. When you participate in forums and directories, be sure to include a signature with a link back to your website.
- Comment sections: Comment sections on blogs and other websites can also be a source of dofollow backlinks. When you comment on other websites, be sure to include a link back to your website in your signature.
How to Avoid Low-Quality Dofollow Backlinks
While these backlinks can be a valuable asset for SEO, it’s important to avoid low-quality backlinks. Low-quality backlinks can actually hurt your website’s ranking in SERPs. Some of the signs of low-quality backlinks include:
- Backlinks from spammy websites: Spammy websites are websites that are created with the sole purpose of generating traffic and backlinks. These websites often contain low-quality content and are not considered to be authoritative by search engines.
- Backlinks from websites with low domain authority: Domain authority is a measure of how authoritative a website is. Websites with low domain authority are not considered to be as valuable as websites with high domain authority.
- Backlinks from websites with a high number of backlinks: Websites with a high number of backlinks are often considered to be spammy by search engines.
Dofollow backlinks can be a valuable asset for SEO. However, it’s important to get high-quality backlinks from authoritative websites. Avoid getting low-quality backlinks from spammy websites. By following these tips, you can improve your website’s ranking in SERPs and attract more visitors.
Here are some additional tips for getting high-quality backlinks:
- Create high-quality content: The best way to get high-quality dofollow backlinks is to create high-quality content. When you create content that is informative, helpful, and well-written, other websites will be more likely to link to it.
- Be patient: It takes time to build a network of high-quality backlinks. Don’t expect to see results overnight. Just keep creating high-quality content and promoting your website, and the backlinks will eventually come.
Read more such informative articles on SEO here